White Spirit is a flammable hydrocarbon solvent. It performs well in situations requiring a moderate level of solvency and is
common to many coatings and cleaning formulations.
Uses: Degreasing of cloth and hard surfaces, solvent in paints and paint thinners.
- A moderately evaporating solvent.
- Has good solvency of organic materials.
- Is widely available and inexpensive.
- Versatility - White Spirit can be included in any formulation where controlled evaporation is required and will combine well with other organic compounds.
- Solvency - White Spirit has high solvency of greases, oils and general dirt as well as acrylic resins in domestic coatings formulations.